Online Training for Crews, Made Simple and Easy
You want your crew of assemblers, operators, inspectors, and engineers trained up.
We’ve got you covered.
Our FREE solution makes it easy to…
➔ onboard your whole crew (even if you have hundreds or thousands of people)
➔ track everyone’s progress (it takes only minutes)
➔ ensure everyone earns the certifications they need by the time you want
Hex Technology’s Online Bolt Crew Training
What You Get When You Sign Up
As a group leader on the Training for Crews platform, you can…
- Have an exclusive training group created for you and your assemblers.
- Enable your staff to learn anywhere, anytime. Our self-paced learning platform works on any device (desktop, tablet or mobile).
- Scale up to meet any team size including Turnaround/Outage Crews.
- Add members quickly. Onboarding hundreds of staffers (assemblers) can be done in under one minute.
- Update team members as often as you want. Add or remove assemblers as you see fit.
- Manage your team from anywhere, even from home. This web-based platform is accessible anywhere and compatible with work-from-home situations.
- Enroll contractors to ensure crews they provide possess the skill level you want.
- Stay organized by creating separate crews for different sites, units or divisions. Want engineers separated from maintenance? Or track different contractors? No problem!
- Get full visibility into the progress of your team members. You’ll know exactly who’s done their work within seconds of logging in.
- Add other team leaders to help you — as many as you’d like.
- See all test scores, getting answer-by-answer breakdowns of how personnel are scoring.
- Expect prompt customer service and technical support. We’ve worked to make the platform as simple as possible. Users tell us we’ve achieved this, with one saying: “The platform is so easy, a child could use it.” But should you ever run into an issue, our team is ready to assist, aiming to respond to all inquiries within 24 business hours.
And that’s just the beginning.
Saved Time and Better Outcomes: What’s In It For Staff
Hex Technology started offering bolting training for a simple reason:
When people understand why they’re doing what they’re doing, they generally do better work.
Bolting technicians, craft assemblers and industrial maintenance staff are hands-on people. We know that because we are too. We’ve been working in refineries and industrial settings for the past three decades.
Our specialty is taking the complex science behind bolting best practices — the type of stuff covered in ASME PCC-1 — and turning it into information assemblers will actually use.
It’s “academic” training that’s highly actionable. Those who enroll can…
- Enjoy non-boring training modules that will keep you engaged from lesson to lesson
- Train up to Level 2 under Hex’s system, which is based on ASME’s PCC-1 Appendix A
- Earn additional qualifications for Powered Equipment and Heat Exchangers
- Receive certificates of completion valid for two full calendar years
The courses are suitable for anyone in oil and gas — upstream, midstream or downstream. They also apply to personnel at chemical or other industrial plants.
Honestly, anyone who picks up a torque wrench — or manages somebody who does — needs to know this material.
And when you enroll your team in our Crew Training platform, you and your staff get access to all of it, free.
That’s right, we said free.
There’s Nothing “Theoretical” About It…
We’ve heard some people call computer-based bolting training “theoretical.”
The label is wrong. Way wrong, in fact.
There’s nothing theoretical about how bolting works. If you follow the guidelines laid out in these courses — which are all based on ASME’s PCC-1 Appendix A — you will have better results.
Conversely, if you fail to learn and apply the concepts, you’ll have worse outcomes — and all of the consequences that come along with them:
❌ More leaks
❌ Decreased efficiency
❌ Lower output
❌ Higher cost of operation
❌ Greater maintenance costs
❌ Increased risk of LoC incidents causing environmental hazard
❌ Decreased worker safety
You, your staff, your customers, and your shareholders all deserve better. Hex Technology offers Crew Training so you all can avoid these problems. When your staff completes the material, you’ll be more able to get the results you want, like:
✅ Leak-free plants
✅ Increased efficiency
✅ Maximum output
✅ Increased mechanical availability
✅ Less money spent on clamps or other “band aids” for bad assembly
✅ No LoC incidents
✅ A safer working environment
The Price is Right (Because There Isn’t One)
Best of all? This solution is currently available at no cost.
That’s right. It costs nothing to add your site. There are no charges for adding crew members. If your site has a staff of five, or 500, the cost is the same: Nothing.
In just 15 minutes, we’ll take you on a tour of the platform. We’ll show you what it can offer you and your team, and answer any questions you might have. If you like what you see, we’ll get you set up at no expense.